Monday, January 4, 2010

55YEARS AND COUNTING

Today is my the beginning of my fifty-sixth year on this planet. Even though my birthday is close to Christmas, I have never been forced to celebrate it simultaneously. My mother, as a boy, and now, my wife, have seen to that. It is an act of love I have always appreciated. I know and appreciate the fact that it takes extra planning.

As an "old guy" I now get to do more reflecting (and maybe DEflecting). I wonder how much longer I will have to - be be allowed to - work in order to have a somewhat unencumbered retirement. I have often stated that I may have to "die at my desk", especially considering the past couple of economic years, not to mention those to come with the way the state and federal legislatures have burdened our incomes with added taxes - called fees, and investments, etc.

On the other hand, I could just give up and let Daddy Obama take care of me and my wife. If he has it his way, I will most likely end up in federal prison because I will not be able to afford his health insurance nor the fine required for not buying it, which is actually less money than imprisoning me in the first place. If you are wondering, once I am imprisoned, my wife will be a welfare case and Daddy Obama will be caring for her as he now case for her mother and my parents somewhat (especially health care).

Anyway, I have had a good day and a great birthday meal. My wife decided to make lasagna from scratch from a recipe found on line. She also made my favorite cake - German Chocolate. She also has been making shadow box-like framed scrapbook page mementos and made one of the holiday party given by my employer last December (reference that post below). She also makes her own greeting cards and I was not excluded from this past time either.

Thank you, Sherri. You are generous to a fault. I love you.

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Thanks for the nice post. You know I love making birthdays special for the people I care about! Glad you had a good day. Always good to have a nice birthday to start off a new year.