Thursday, August 26, 2010

THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF MY LIFE (I HOPE)

Well, the first day of my new employment gig is under my belt. It doesn't feel as though I've actually been away from the work, the task of getting the work done. The place is like most very small businesses. Sparse but adequate, functional and matching furniture; a part-time administrative assistant (whom I've yet to meet); quiet but well lit environment. There isn't free coffee, not even a refrigerator. It's all about getting the work done as quickly and as cost effectively as possible. They are not in this to impress clients with a remarkable edifice and fancy surroundings. They're in it for the work and, of course, the profit of doing business.

Wish me luck as I begin what I hope and pray will be the remaining employment experience of my life. I REALLY don not want to go through the last six months ever again.

4 comments:

Sherri said...

These last six months have not really been all that bad. I miss all the things you did for me. We will have more money, but my life may have just gotten more complicated with all the work load. HA

madj said...

I appreciate the sentiment, but I was beginning to go stir crazy and worry about the end of the tunnel. While it was only 24 weeks, with 69 weeks remaining, it was looking pretty bleak. I was glad to be able to help out more. I will miss my time with Tiz. though.

Verna said...

Best wishes as you start this next phase in your life.

Kim said...

Congrats on the job John! Hope this week is going good too.