Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

The traditions our families have regarding this holiday vary. It seems, though, that this is very important to my mother as she insists on making a huge dinner at 79 years old. I am trying to wean her of this. I think I've finally succeeded this year in that it was suggested that she have hers on Sunday instead of Thursday. She originally agreed, but changed her mind later. I called last weekend and she said she was no longer is going to have Thanksgiving because the last 2 years she has not been "allowed" to have her Thanksgiving in the proper order. Whatever that was. I told her I could live with that.

Today the remainder of the outdoor Christmas decorations went up. By remainder, I refer to the attempt I made last weekend trying to unravel new lights we purchased last year. They came in very tightly wrapped packages and needed unraveling. My attempt at unraveling AND hanging lead to extreme frustration. I have patience issues.
Because of those, my spouse graciously led the the unwrapping effort Tuesday night. I am a GREAT holder. As for their installation, I am in charge there, but Sherri was the holder in this case. Many hands.... Now the artificial Christmas tree is being decorated after having been put together an the additional working lights strung. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

A patience problem, you??????????
It was a great day! Just the way I like thanksgiving to be. Sitting at the table with only people I want to be sitting with!