Wednesday, March 17, 2010

ENJOYING LIFE'S SIMPLE PLEASURES

Well, I've received three unemployment checks now. Prospects are dim. I've got a call into a 3rd shift manager at a Walmart in another city, for pity's sake! But, it is Wednesday, and that means Tizu Time! My granddaughter attends my wife's three-year-old preschool class and then my daughter brings her to our house for a few hours. This has gone on since September, but I have been privy to this for only the last month.

Even with inclement weather the visit is filled with busyness - making brownies, mixing water with stuff in a bowl, playing with playdough. But now that the weather is turning, that means chasing outside, walking to playgrounds, chasing outside. I'm all in.

The point, though, is that these visits from Tizu are the height of my week now that I am jobless. Her innocence, vigor and zest for life with her entire future before her is intoxicating and, to be honest, tiring. These simple walks and talks are what I wish life could always be about.

No comments: