Saturday, July 24, 2010

SUMMER VACATION - 2010

We've just returned from a terrific summer family vacation in the north woods of Wisconsin, specifically Mercer. I highly recommend the area if you're interested in that type of vacation. We owe it all to my lovely partner, Sherri, who diligently planned the entire operation beginning in fall of last year. She did the internet searches. She kept all the participants in the loop. She saved our money, even with my layoff, to pay for the largest chunk. She planned the dates, even as to who should sleep where (just to keep the peace). Even with all this planning, the vacation was a relaxing dream, especially for those who actually need a vacation.

Our home for a week On Martha Lake

Our pier looking NNW to Martha Lake

We all got to do things we wanted with or without others:

A solitary canoe ride

Lake of the Clouds in Michigan with two of my favorite girls

Most of the days ended just like this:

(No caption needed)

The group varied from our three-year-old granddaughter to a ten-year-old boy, the son of the lady friend of my brother-in-law in attendance to his seventeen-year-old hunting and fishing daughter to the city slickers of my younger daughter and her husband to the professor and...my older daughter (parents of granddaughter) to my eighty-one-year-old mother-in-law (wow, there were a lot of hyphens in that phrase). Yet all were surprisingly easily entertained (the Wii helped) and able to relax (adult beverages helped) and go with the flow - or lack thereof. We even sat around roaring fires and s'mores at dusk and even managed a few songs on the last night!

Thanks again, Sherri, for another splendid family vacation.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Great post. I love the pictures you chose, much better than mine. and You are welcome for all the planning. You know I love to be in control of the plans so I know what to expect. On to the next vacation plan now.

Kim said...

Enjoyed the pictures. Sounds like a very wonderful time was had by all.