Saturday, July 30, 2011

GLOBAL WARMING

Today I am again reminded that I despise hot weather.  Sure, it's fine while on vacation in my favorite spot on earth, St. George Island, Florida, where I am either in air conditioning, a pool,  the northern Gulf of Mexico, or next to a cool adult beverage or three, but having to deal with it daily is a drag.

My lovely wife and I rode a fifteen-mile in-town bike route in the late morning/early afternoon today as the temperature began rising from the low 80's to the high 80's (eventually, I fear, it will reach the mid 90's).  As the saying goes, it isn't the heat, it's the humidity.  Well. I say it's the heat too!

Since many politicians, all eco-nuts and many sheeples believe in "Global Warming", that is, man's ability to have modified the earth's actual temperature by his use of devices that produce flouro-carbons, or, as some have stated, merely by exhaling, why can't they convince us to influence the climates at will.  I am actually able to accomplish this feat of environmental influence.  I have a thermostat connected to my furnace and air conditioner.  And I use it!  I just wish the eco-nuts, etc, would cease and desist their useless taxing and spending on climate change policies so my environmental influences don't cost so much!

No comments: