Tuesday, March 31, 2009

APRIL FOOL

Tomorrow is April 1. Time HAS flown! I still have trouble fathoming the fact that Tizu has been with us just over six months. Anyway, this was always an interesting day growing up with the "April Fool's" jokes attempted, some even successful. Sherri recounts cute attempts by her preschoolers after she explains how the tradition is supposed to work. The biggest joke this year is in Europe trying to spread Marxism there...again (still?).

Now that "The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight" has taken over major banks and a two auto companies, they've passed the "Pay for Performance Act of 2009". It gives this bunch catre blanche to regulate the pay of ANY person on the payroll of any company receiving government bailout money based on that person's "performance", as determined by the Treasury Department bureaucrats. The only group that this "performance" exempts is...drum roll, please...themselves. That's right, this bunch of know-it-alls, most of whom have never managed the pizza concession at a convenience store, have placed themselves in charge of over $1 trillion-worth of the American economy and its employees' livelihoods. I am glad that the company that employs me isn't "too big to fail". It's hard enough dealing with our home office bureaucrats in Houston.

I watched the movie "1984" last night on line. It's been a very long time since I've read the book, but it was very grim. However, some of it seems appropriate for our current circumstances, especially the part that insists we are not to merely obey "The Leader", but also to love "The Leader". I guess I am guilty of think crimes as well. I hope I do not have to go through re-education.

No comments: