Thursday, March 12, 2009

WHO NEEDS CARS

If I didn't work I would attempt to get through life with a minimum of automobile interaction. As it happens, I own two. The larger one is needed this weekend for a trip to Door County (Wisconsin's thumb, if you will) as my teacher wife has off next week for her spring break. I do not like to drive my commuter car long distances as it has no cruise control. The reason that is important is that my ancient knee stiffens up after one hour of immobility and the trip to DC is over two hours.

Anyway, this entry is in regards to the car itself. Because of the mini vacation I made plans to have this larger car serviced after we return from the long weekend. Then, as I returned home this evening (Thursday), I received a call from my wife at the salon (why she goes I do not know, she doesn't need it) to pick her up. Her car, the larger car, would not start after school. The irony is amazing. Luckily, I have a guy, and he is able to get to it in time for the weekend. I retained the original appointment for the other maintenance. I wonder if this qualifies for stimulus?

We are spending the weekend with our granddaughter and her parents also, so, the car troubles are a matter inconvenience in comparison. We are looking forward to the weekend, especially now.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Thank you for the nice compliment, but I do indeed need the salon if not for physical help then for mental refreshment away from little people being pampered and gossiping. Cars sure are a nuisance, but I am glad it died in front of school and not up in DC which is usually our luck.

Kim said...

Hope you enjoy the weekend in DC with the family and the wonderful granddaughter! Sorry about the car problems.