Sunday, June 21, 2009

IT'S ALL OVER

Well, another vacation come and gone.

I chose not to blog on the vacation (no Facebook either). Actually, when I had the ambition, Sherri was hogging the computer (it was hers we brought along, after all). When the computer was free, I had no interest. So, following, in a nutshell, is my take on our vacation.

A little too much sun, even after advice from #2 daughter; not enough beer consumed; just enough cigars smoked (always found time for one each day on the island); fun with Tizu who is always a riot and what a great swimmer; very warm pools; very wet Gulf; only one excursion to sand bar; sun; not quite enough time spent at Blue Parrot; Yo-Yo Smashes, a local rum favorite (need I say more?); eating grilled catch-of-the-day, caught by our group; infrequent shaves; family fun; car worries; sunsets; kite flying; 110 heat indexes; 2 laptops; long drives; The Great Race; lots of sun (but I repeat myself).

All-in-all, this trip to St. George Island, Florida passed way too quickly. As quickly as we assimilated, we were as quickly back on the road, or so it seemed. One sad note, however, this will be the last trip to SGI for our beloved Taurus Wagon, which has faithfully carried us and our crap each time to this little piece of paradise in the northern Gulf of Mexico. This trip did it in and it gave its all for our pleasure and comfort. It will remain a part of our traveling future, just not for long trips. It is time for retirement as a workhorse. Take a well-deserved rest, dear friend.

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Great post, I really liked it. Makes me feel sad about our Taurus, but she will still be here with us just taking it easy, as it should be after years of great service!