Wednesday, August 19, 2009

GOOD USE FOR INSURANCE SALESMEN (NO OFFENSE)

I saw a report on the news this morning that California congressman Henry Waxman and one of flunky cronies wrote official requests for information to fity-two large insurance companies. Some of the information requested was their financial dealings, policy rates and executive pay scales.

My first reaction was astonishment as it took some real "guts" to overstep their authority. Then I was angry that these two numbskulls actually did it with straight faces in order to obtain data for health care reform. My first suggestion for the insurance companies was to write on the companies' letterheads, on their fanciest paper a two-word, six-letter response, beginning with an "f".

Then I thought a little more about it (I do have an hour drive to work and need some distraction on occasion). Why not send the request down the line to the lowest level and answer with a form letter. the letter could thank them for their inquiry of insurance information and that a sales professional will contact them for a personal consultation at their earliest convenience. Then assign the task to the most aggressive sales reps the companies have in the Congressmens' areas. If you have ever made insurance inquiries, you are aware of how this works, and, you have my deepest sympathy.

This may end the inquiry all together, though I believe that , should this scenario take place, the two numbskulls would most likely sig the IRS on the companies. But it was a nice daydream.

No comments: