Wednesday, August 26, 2009

WINNING THE LOTTERY

This morning I saw a report about the latest lottery winner of $250 million. He said the money would not change him. He said he is already retired and has a very good income and he feels blessed. He also said he would use the money to help fund educational programs. I say BULL! Should I ever get even a small pittance of a windfall, say $5 million, I would immediately change. I'd have at least two brand new cars, pay off all of my debts, buy a house on St. George Island for a mill or so, give some to my church and keep the remainder to live on.

But imagine $250 million! Even if the taxes eat up 50%, that still leaves $125 million. That's more than our President "saved" us taxpayers in "cuts" from the federal $2 trillion budget.

Oh, well, I guess I'd actually have to play the lottery to win it.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I think your plan for your $5 million sounds great.

madj said...

Well, Kim, where's the $?

Kim said...

I wish I had it to give ;o) Guess it will just have to stay in IOU status.