Thursday, September 3, 2009

ONE YEAR AGO

I guess I'll weigh in on my thoughts of what was transpiring a year ago.
  • A year ago I was out of work, again.
  • A year ago my job prospects were nonexistent.
  • A year ago was my younger daughter's wedding.
  • A year ago we threw a great party.
  • A year ago it was much warmer weather-wise.
  • A year ago my older daughter and son-in-law were traveling in the little-known far-away country of Ethiopia collecting my granddaughter.

While my personal situation was disconcerting, the rest of my family, to my delight, was happy and enjoying their anticipations and looking forward to their futures. This was truly a time that tested my ability to place my situation in the hands of God. I did and, as He usually does, He blessed me and my family. We remain happy to this day. We have two married daughters, I have a new job with a growing company and, best of all, our precious gift, our delightful granddaughter became the newest member of our family. To this day I will never forget the scene of her slow, deliberate, toddle down the expansive airport corridor holding on to her mama's hand with one of her tiny hands and in the other, a small cloth doll "of color" we purchased long before we knew her age or even gender, let alone her name.

I realize how blessed I am and thank God every day for these events having occurred in my life, all a year ago.

3 comments:

Sherri said...

Nice post, John, no politics this time. God indeed has a plan for us and sometimes when you just sit back and watch it unfold, it is indeed incredible! What a year!

Courtney and Paul said...

Beautiful, dad. Thanks for putting it so nicely! Good times.

Kim said...

I am enjoying everyone's "One year ago" posts and yours is no exception.