Monday, January 12, 2009

WE PASSED!

We passed the test!! On Saturday night, my lovely wife and I were allowed to get our beautiful two-year-old adopted granddaughter to sleep. For the night. Her parents were going out of town (thirty minutes away) for a brief appearance at a surprise birthday party for a friend. They left at 5:00 pm. We were to feed her, bathe her and put her to sleep. I, personally, did very little in the scheme of things, but I was present. All went well, as I expected. She is a delight. While slumber was being attempted, I could here giggling from the monitor in the room. Grandma had to rock the little rascal to sleep - always guaranteed to work.

With the weather taking yet another turn for the worse (-17 forecast for Thursday and 3" of snow each day until then [global warming, where art thou?]), we received our receipt in the mail for the 1/2 payment for our beach house rental on St. George Island, our little corner of heaven on earth. I have a shell collected off the beach there right by my computer at work as a reminder of better (& warmer) times. I am excited to take our precious Tizita into the Gulf!

Enough for now as I prepare to watch the second night of the politically incorrect "24".

No comments: