Wednesday, January 28, 2009

THE "BIRTHDAY WEEKEND" PREVIEW

For those of you who think our current president is for "change", here is a sample of things to come for the "Man of Change" in his first week on the job: "If we don't get this done we [the Democrats] could lose seats and I could lose re-election. But we can't let people like Rush Limbaugh stall this. That's how things don't get done in this town." --Barack Obama, always looking forward for the people.


Here is another little tidbit I came across today: "I have believed for some time that military power is no solution to terrorism. ... So let me suggest a truly audacious hope for [the Obama] administration: How about a five-year time-out on war -- unless, of course, there is a genuine threat to the nation?" --former presidential candidate George McGovern advising Obama.
Why didn't he propose this eight years ago?! This hole thing could have been avoided entirely. Hundreds of thousands of innocent civilian Iraqi lives (according to some lefties) could have been spared. I'm certain the Islamofacists will go to their respective corners. McGovern should have proposed this for his run as president. I'm certain the Vietcong, Chinese, North Koreans, Camier Rouge and Soviets would also have gone to their corners.
I actually laughed out loud at work for over thirty seconds for this one!\

This weekend is our "birthday" weekend with our girls and their others. Sherri and I have birthdays at the opposite ends of January. We spend an overnight in Milwaukee, have dinner and party with them. This year a two-year-old will be joining the festivities. Another wrinkle - in the usual plans, that is. I believe this all began as surprise style event for my fiftieth birthday. We were spending the night downtown, but the kids took us to a Buck's game and dinner at Bua Depepo's. This year, we'll be in 'Tosa instead and geared more toward Tizu entertainment during the day. Good times to come.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Have a great weekend! I always like hearing about the big birthday weekend celebration. Wasn't it one year that Sherri broke a boot? Anyways... have a great time in 'Tosa.