Thursday, April 9, 2009

TELEVISION WITH THE WIFE

When we were first married (1976) Sherri and I watched television together. This was before cable and satellite, before "reality", when network television was actually worth watching and when there was usually only one tv in the house. We both assumed this would continue. Well, as soon as our daughters were old enough to be doing homework and we could afford more than one tv, this utopia ended. Now we have cable, four tv's and completely opposite taste in viewing preferences. Tonight will be a throw-back night. A new suspense program (Harper's Island) is premiering that we both are interested in and we are going to watch it together. We'll see if it's a keeper or not. I hope she is not watching in her usual distracted, half-watching mode and I need to explain who is who and what is what.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

I can't make any promises. I will turn off the computer, that might help! I can always keep the characters straight in the reality shows.

Kim said...

Can't wait to hear how the night of watching tv together went. I tend to watch tv a bit like Sherri, in the half-watching mode. I blame the laptop and the wireless network for that one. Hope you two enjoyed the show and it's a keeper.