Monday, December 8, 2008

The Christmas season is in full swing. The tree is up, as are the outdoor decorations (see earlier post), the women of the house are busy cleaning, planning and arranging and rearranging. We also have three birthdays BEFORE Christmas, My 16-year-old niece, her father and our soon-to-be two-year-old granddaughter, thus the planning, etc.

We have a birthday tradition of a "goody box" my mother-in-law chooses specifically for each person and wraps for the adults. I believe it began with me as the Guinea pig. Twenty items are individually wrapped and placed in a print-paper box which is also wrapped.. This will be the niece's first official box. I also began an additional twist to this by guessing what each item is as mine are very similar year to year. This is good because I count on these items every year.

Regarding Christmas, it IS the celebration of the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ, God incarnate. So please, do NOT wish me "Happy Holiday", "Season's Greetings" or the like. I am not offended with a salutation of "Merry Christmas"!

Well, now I have the pleasure of waiting for the remainder of an impending doozie of a winter storm. There was a 1/2 coating of ice on my car when I left the office this afternoon. It took an extra 20 minutes to get home. Madison drivers, AGAIN. Wish me luck for tomorrow as 7" is expected. Oh well, autumn in Wisconsin.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Too bad we all can't have a snow day like teachers. Hope the roads weren't too horrible for you today.