Thursday, December 4, 2008

It was so cold today...It led me to think of my favorite vacation spot, St. George Island, Florida. It is a 30-mile long, 1/2 mile wide island in the Gulf of Mexico five mules from the southern tip of the panhandle. We are headed there again this June. I checked out the house we rented on line and looked at the Gulf on a live beach camera. I felt warmer for a moment.

How about an abortion for Christmas? That's what Planned Parenthood is "selling" for Christmas. Actually, they're pushing gift certificates, but you get the picture. I guess we need to get used to this, after all, it IS change.

Did you know that if WAL-MART was unionized the tragic trampling of last weekend would not have occured? It was news to me too. If this is the case, why aren't all employees unionized, instead of 15%, most of whom are public employees?

I've had an opportunity to surf the web at work for training materials for the new drafting software I am learning here at my latest new job and found some irony as well. I spotted another tip for making the process easier and at the top of this particular article, dated September 29, 2008 (the very day I began my latest new job), my name appeared in bold letters. A tip for the other drafting software I use, that I submitted last summer, before I was "laid off", was published. It is actually my fourth published entry in this industry magazine. Go figure.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Hey John, When will we start getting reimbursed for those great tips you send in?

Sherri said...

I am thinking of St. George today, too , although it might be cold down there, too. And yes, we are in a shed at cemetery, how did you know?