Friday, December 19, 2008

Redundancy. Another autumn day, another snow storm. this one is a doozie!. We have eight new inches! I measured it in the driveway. I've just com in from using the aging Armstrong Power Shovel (I took my one earned sick day). The snow had to be thrown quite a distance as more is expected tomorrow, Tuesday, etc. At least by Tuesday, though, it will be winter!

That being said, imagine how much worse it would be if the globe hadn't warmed so over the last 100 years. We might have had ten inches instead.

My dad is suffering from Parkinson's. He's recently switched doctors. My mother has decided, in that week, that he has gone from a near death prognosis to a near cure one. I pray Sherri and I do not have to suffer this type of existence in our really old age. Maybe Barack will cure all diseases after he take over health care. Anyway, I hope this allows her to relax a little for Christmas because last week she was concerned dad was on his last legs. We'll see.

My younger daughter and son-in-law are spending this week, their belated honeymoon, in Jamaica, mon. I believe they may be oblivious to the weather here. Their car is parked at a suburban Chicago hotel where, I am certain, they will have to dig it out upon their return. Nathan will have to unbury his truck at their apartment also. The prices one pays for all-inclusive vacations to warmer climates at this time of year.

And, today is my precious, beautiful, smart granddaughter's second birthday. Even though she's been with us only three months, I cannot barely remember our lives without her. In this short amount of time, she has learned to recognize a dozen people, a new language and scores of words and many sentences. Her personality has blossomed and she has grown two clothes sizes. She has a huge amount of compassion and unlimited hugs which she gives freely after becoming familiar with you. I especially enjoy the lap time I get. I am quite aware that it won't last long as time flies by. God has truly answered our prayers.

1 comment:

Courtney and Paul said...

Glad to hear Grandpa's doing better! Sounds like the doctor switch was helpful.