Sunday, December 21, 2008

There is a -35F bleeping wind chill here today! Guess who had to go out in it to shovel the driveway? Again, I'm glad we have global warming. And, this is truly temperature change - twenty-eight Saturday morning, -35 Sunday. That's "Change you can believe in"! We also have 36 inches of snow, for those of you Obamakins (because of the lack of insite of the "typical" Obamakin), that's three feet for the month. We had over 100 inches all last season and only 25 inches at this time last year. Those of you who had private school educations, we're on our way to anther possible record-breaking snow season. Oh, yippee.

My thoughtful wife just brought me a nice warming device. I spend my leisure time in a basement family room with my computer, digital cable and a fridge full of beer, but it does tend to be on the "cool" side temperature-wise. The device was a gift from a student. It is a bag of cloth filled with corn kernels that is heated in a microwave for two minutes and provides about forty minutes of warmth. It works great. My extremities were slightly chilled. They're fine now. Use your own definition for "extremities" you sex maniacs!

The Packers cannot lose today. They don't play. They play the last team they beat, da Bears, on Monday night. It's a battle for dominance of Lake Michigan. Again, for those of you without private school edjamakaishcans, Green Bay is tributary to (flows into) Lake Michigan. I'm at the point where I route for a high draft choice, especially with Favre in NYC.

Stay warm and informed.

(revised 9:03am 12/22/08)

1 comment:

Verna said...

I thought I'd rather have snow then the rain, snow flakes and rain, (ICE) that we got. But no, you can keep the snow. It is very, very cold here too, I'm ready for summer!!!!!