Sunday, December 14, 2008

Long time no write...We just completed another great weekend with our granddaughter, and her parents, of course. The other daughter and spouse were also present and adding to the frivolity and to the birthday celebrations.



Also, another Sunday, another Packer loss. It appears as though both sides of the ball are failing this game, and, of course, playing to the level of their inferior competition. I had to turn this game off as well, as they are snatching defeat from the jaws of victory yet again. This has NOTHING to do with the change in quarterback. Aaron Rodgers is more than adequate. It's the team as an entirety that's letting us all down. Oh well, there is always next year, and a higher draft choice is in the works. This might be a decent off season as the Jets could make the playoffs, giving the Packers another high choice. They did it, the Pack lost again.



The inauguration of our President-elect, who, by the way has an office, a placard says so, is about one month away. I am happy to report that a "green" celebration is also planned. It will consist of energy-reducing lights and fixtures, composting of waste organic food and carbon offsets. At least that is way the Washington Times described it. Does anyone else see the hypocrisy?



  1. Why is a celebration claiming to be environmentally friendly being held INdoors at all? Shouldn't this be held outdoors, during the day, or at least by candlelight to prevent using any of our precious resources?

  2. Why is only organic food considered environmentally friendly? Even vegetarian and vegan lifestyles are considered better environmentally. Shouldn't we meat-eaters be the best stewards of the environment as we intend on eating every methane-producing, carbon dioxide-emitting carcass on the planet?

  3. Isn't a landfill a large compost heap?

  4. I guess spending exorbitant amounts of money on useless paper, namely, carbon offsets, ecologists feel better about their philosophy so I do not intend on standing in their way. I may even ask my IRA advisor to invest in some carbon offset firms. Maybe that will save me from the newly-developed "green" economy. I will, however, specify NOT to include Algore's company as he has made his millions already, and, hopefully, will be part of the collateral damage of this economy.

My current employer has generously allotted me thirty-four hours of vacation time in my first three months of employment and told me that if I do not use it, I "lose" it. So, to that end, I have arranged to leave the office two hours early on Christmas Eve day, then not return until January 2, 2009. Not to worry, my wife is rapidly filling my newly-found leisure time!

TTFN

No comments: