Monday, May 18, 2009

DYING AT MY DESK REDUX

I discovered I have even more good news about my old age. At the suggestion of my sister, I researched Parkinson's Disease as our dad is a sufferer. In that research I discovered that I have four of the six risk factors for it. Two are genetic, one is longevity and one is a lifestyle choice. The risk factors, in a nutshell are:
1. 50 years of age (average onset age is 60)
2. Family member a sufferer
3. Exposed to certain toxins
4. Non-smoker
5. History of polio
6. Male (50% more men than women suffer)

Polio and toxin exposure are not likely. My Dad was a smoker for over 50 years, yet he contracted the disease. In the research it was explained that even with the risk factors, PD is actually quite random. But four of six, ooo boy. Time will tell. I know, by the time I'm 60, The One will have discovered a cure for this (and all disease) because "yes he can!". He already solved the banking crisis and the car company crisis. His next goal IS health care by August, so there is hope for change.

2 comments:

Verna said...

Hopefully you will dodge the bullet when it comes to contracting Parkinsons.

Lissa said...

No problem...Ape Head has it covered. You'll be resting comfortably in his old folks home before you know it.