Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"GOODE" TV

I usually do not watch ABC network television (except for football) because their programming hasn't been to my liking as of late, but tonight I watched the premier of an animated show entitled "The Goode Family". I do not generally like animated shows aimed at a more mature audience, but this peeked my interest. It is a right-sided look at a suburban vegan, uber-PC family trying hard to "be good". For example, the wife/mother goes to the vegan store but forgets her reusable bags. She doesn't have enough cash on her to buy a new one for $10.00 (they're a buck at Pick 'n Save and Walmart), so she has a PC crisis when the checker asks "THE" question - "Paper or plastic". She frets for some time and eventually says "load me up" and puts out her hands. I liked it. But then again, I'm a global warming-denying, meat-eating, Christian, what do I know.

Speaking of "good", it is nice to know I am an owner of an American car company. So, by the way, are you, if you pay taxes. General Motors will be Government Motors by the end of the month, after $60,000,000.00 in bailout money. Our CEO, BHO, must have superior knowledge of the auto industry or else he wouldn't have brokered the upcoming deal, right? (oh wait, he hasn't run the pizza concession at a Kwik Trip, let alone a company of ANY size. Oops.) Do you feel richer?

No comments: